Day 1: Sunday 24th of July
Our meeting point in the morning is at the stables in Maisons Laffitte where we will meet the other participants and our horses, and enjoy our first breakfast together. We will load the horses in the truck, your luggage in the minivan and we will travel to our departure place. The van will follow us the whole time.
After riding for half a day, we will reach our first stop at Fontaine le Sec in a bed and breakfast where we will spend the night. Our horses will spend the night in paddocks next to us.
Day 2: Monday 25th of July
After a great day full of riding and visits, including the fortified castle of Rambures, our horses will lead us to our second stop.
We will spend the night in the beautiful Castle of Béhen and the horses will be lucky enough to sleep there too!
Built in the XVIII century, The castle of Béhen is located in Béhen. This place includes traditional lounges with wooden furniture and a beautiful park with centenarian trees and wild animals.
Day 3: Tuesday 26th of July
St Valery/somme. We will visit this colorful medieval city with its traditional small alleys.
We will pay a visit to the seals on the harbor as well. We will spend the night in a charming hotel on the coast, the Cap Hornu Hotel.
Don’t forget your swimming suit if you want to dive into the pool or just relax on a pool lounge chair.
Day 4: Wednesday 27th of July
Noyelles sur Mer.
We will have fun together while trying land sailing before going back on the trail ride on our faithful steeds. We will spend the night at the Chateau de Noyelles.
Day 5: Thursday 28th of July
Vron. We will arrive in this little town where we will meet 100 other riders from Iles de France and spend the evening together. On our way we will visit a beautiful abbey and its garden.
We will spend the night in a traditional farm not too far from the stables where our horses will stay.
Day 6: Friday 29th of July
Going back on the trail will lead us to the Henson stud, a place where all riders from the Equirando 2022 will gather from the four corners of France and abroad, for a weekend together.
We will go for a ride on the beach!
Horse shows, demonstrations, market stands, workshops, evening and dinner are included in this program. We will be camping in the tent next to the horses in their paddocks.
Day 7: Saturday 30st of July
After breakfast we will be back in the saddle for a big show where all the participants of Equirando 2022 will parade together through town on our horses. At the previous Equirando, there were 500 riders and horses! And last year HoseHolidaysFrance’s team won the costume contest!
After that, we will trail ride in the afternoon and have a pique-nique on our way.
Back in Henson’s stables, we will rest a bit before getting ourselves ready for the gala evening.
Day 8: Sunday 1st of August
The market’s stands will be open.
We might go for one last ride on the beach!
We will be back to Maisons Laffitte in the afternoon.
Detail of the services
- Rental of your horse
- All necessary equipment for trekking: saddlebags, equipment for setting up the paddocks for horses (stakes, etc), grooming equipment, saddles, bridles, halters, ropes, flexible buckets…
- Supervision by 2 equestrian tourism guides and / or riding instructors (one supervisor for 8 riders max and another one for the assistance)
- Vehicular transport assistance for carrying your luggage and equipment during the trek. This person will meet us for lunch during the trek with ropes to attach the horses.
- set up the tables and prepare lunch.
- Transportation from Maisons-Laffitte to our departure area and back from Rue to Maisons Laffitte for riders (mini-van) and horses (truck) with drivers.
- All transfers during the trip to places where we will sleep or the visit (see program)
- Preparation for the trek and mapping out of the route.
- All meals during the stay (except lunch on our way back the last day)
- Accomodation of the riders during the whole trip: 1 night in a hotel room, 2 nights in a castle, 2 nights in a Bed and Breakfast, 2 nights in camping.
- Accommodation and food for the horses during the trek.
- Displays, performances, workshops, visits and other activities on the Equirando 2021 programme.
The price does not include:
- Your own equipment (riding hats and chaps can be borrowed). Once you have registered you will receive a list detailing the clothes and equipment that we recommend you bring with you.
- A tent, blow up mattress and sleeping bag for the three nights camping.
- The lunch on our way back.
- The extra drinks you may have.
- The FFE licence, which is compulsory for this trek. You can sign up for it through us. It costs 36€ for an adult and 25€ for a child for a year, or the “licence verte”, which costs 10€ for one month.
Join us for Equirando 2022 with Horse holidays France !
Equirando takes its name from the contraction of “equestrian” and “randonnée”, the French word for ramble or trek. With some 1000 participants from all over France and other countries (Belgium, Italy, Switzerland, Spain, Morocco), it is the largest equestrian meetup in Europe and is tailor-made for those who enjoy trekking in the countryside.
Equirando offers the ideal opportunity to discover different regions on horseback, enjoying local gastronomy, tourism, culture and landscapes. Riders from all over France and Europe will take part in treks that last a minimum of three days, or can be as long as several weeks or even months, in order to reach this festive meetup of horse riders in the heart of the French countryside. Whether on horseback, astride a mule or even a donkey, or hitched to a carriage, each participant will make their own way to join the festivities and the festival site – which changes every year – at their own rhythm. Since its beginnings in 1961, the organisation of the festival has been entrusted every year to a local committee in a different region.
This year, the Equirando is being organized in Baie de Somme and we will join this huge event starting our ride from Hornoy le Bourg . We will organize the transportation from Maisons-laffitte for all riders and horses.
DOWNLOAD OUR BROCHURE !